Tech Talk Tuesday #30
How do you contact your friends and family through technology?
When I was young I saw the Truffaut film, Small Change, that made me want to be French. I started working at various jobs at 12 and by 16, I was able to pay my way to France for a summer to travel alone. Ok, why am I telling you this? Well, I remember trying to stay connected with people back home in Berkeley and spending a lot of time picking out postcards to send. I remember hoping the postcards would get home before I did—geez, did postcards to take forever back then, and even now they still take so long. I thought this would be a great conversation to have for Tech Talk Tuesday this week. Here are some questions to get the conversation going:
- When you want to “catch up” with a friend or family member, do you go online or do you make a date to meet? Why?
- Have you ever received a handwritten letter or postcard? What do you think of connecting that way?
- Do you prefer phone calls or text chats? How do you decide?
- Are you part of an online community? Do you or would you like to meet in person?
- What would school be like if you were in a virtual classroom and not physical ones?
Photo by LiliGraphie/iStock / Getty Images