Tech Talk Tuesday #4
How does it make you feel when the notifications go off?
Well known author and psychologist Susan Stiffleman has some ideas for you to talk with your family around the dinner table this week.
Ask these simple questions:
- What does it feel like when your phone beeps or pings while you’re talking with someone?
- Do you feel pressure to see who reached out?
- Check in with your feelings. Are you anxious? Worried? Excited?
- Do you feel frustrated that you have to keep talking or the person you’re with might complain?
- Or, are sure they won’t mind?
Share on Facebook with us what you felt like.
Our director Delaney Ruston just took part in a multi-day telesummit that Susan Stiffleman organized and moderated called Parenting in the Digital Age.
Susan Stiffelman, (also known as the Huffington Post’s weekly “Parent Coach” advice columnist) is dedicated to helping parents raise joyful, resilient kids without meltdowns, power struggles, or the various thieves of joy that can interfere with a parent’s ability to enjoy the journey of parenthood. She is the author of the bestselling book, Parenting Without Power Struggles: Raising Joyful, Resilient Kids While Staying Cool, Calm, and Connected and the brand new book, Parenting With Presence: Practices for Raising Conscious, Confident, Caring Kids (An Eckhart Tolle Edition.)