Tech Talk Tuesday #40
How can you use this election as a way to talk to your kids about cyberbullying?
Candidates have used screens for good and for evil this election. They've used it to bully as well as to inspire. Talking to your kids about this issue is a great way to open up the conversation about how they define bullying.
Talk your teens today about how they, and you, used social media, polling data and other ways to get engaged and informed about the election this year.
I have a strange call to action today:
Use social media for good
Use social media to get people out to vote
For Tech Talk Tuesday this week we are using the election to talk about bullying:
- Has social media been the biggest source of your information about the election this year?
- Is there one main site or person you like to get your information from? Or, do you just rely on your friends through Instagram, Snapchat or Facebook?
- Do you think the candidates use social media to bully? Why or why not?
- How does it make you feel when one candidate says something mean about his/her competition?
- If you read something on the web that doesn't sound right, do you have a place you go to fact check?